Poetic Singer: Pablo Dylan's Newest Album, "The Finest Somersault."
My name is Pablo Dylan.
2. What is your profession?
I am in the business of being an American poet.
3. Where do you currently reside?
I live in Los Angeles, CA.
4. Where are you from?
I am from Los Angeles, CA.
5. Did you always want to be a musician?
Yes, always, nothing else peaked my interest.
6. Whom inspired you as a musician growing up and why?
Hank Williams, nobody has done what he did before. He’s an American Shakespeare, so many songs like “Ramblin’ Man” is my favorite song today, but I have other favorites from him.
7. What instruments do you play?
I play the guitar, piano, and violin, a bit.
8. Tell us about your current album, The Finest Somersault?
The album launched on February 8. The songs are about the old world of dying where it meant something and now dying, people don’t seem to care about that anymore. It’s also to aim at all the cultural stereotypes.
Check Out The Finest Somersault Video: https://youtu.be/Qo3SXz7r_fk
9. What inspired you to make this album?
Musicians, go wherever the inspiration leads and try to follow it.
10. Do you enjoy writing music and/or lyrics?
I write all my songs, and I enjoy it. I am a songwriter.
11. I really like the song and video of Eye of Storm, what is the meaning behind it?
It’s about all the different divisions in the country, people dying in school or a place of worship. We should be united with these threats.
12. And, why did you choose such a simple style in the video, same for the song, Bells?
I don’t think it’s important to be too complicated with the videos. I thought the house was cool and was driving by one day and just loved this house, so I shot the video, unplanned. It just happened to coincdentally be a house that Alfred Hitchcock filmed a movie.
Check Out The Bells Video: https://youtu.be/hUFO6MJj1F0
13. Tell us why you made the transition to Folk-Rock music from originally starting out in Rap?
There wasn’t too much thought put into it, once I put the guitar in my hands, it just happened, it was destiny.
14. How would you describe your work ethic? How often and for how long do you practice?Really intense. I have been practicing all day, every day since I was a kid.
15. What is the best advice ever given to you?
To be strong in my own convictions.
16. What do you look for when choosing your band members?
They have to know how to play the instrument and hey have to be really good.
17. Tell us about your current fashion style, how would you describe it?
Simple, I like to wear very simple clothes.
18. If you could go open up for any artist on tour right now who would it be?
Anybody that would take me.
19. Where would you most like to perform?
Every county in the entire union.
20. If you can have your fans remember one thing about you, what would it be?
I will leave such things to them.
21. Do you have any upcoming tours, if so, please provide details?
May 30 – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst Club
May 31 – Chico, CA – Argus Bar + Patio
June 1 – San Francisco, CA – Slim’s
June 2 – Sacramento, CA – Goldfield
June 5 – Los Angeles, CA – Roxy
June 6 – Phoenix, AZ – Last Exit
June 7 – Joshua Tree, CA – (Sceret Show)
June 9 – Mariposa, CA – The Hideout Saloon
22. What is your motto in life?
I came, I saw and I conquered.