Influencer With A Cause: Lolo Sitting Pretty
My name is Lolo.
2. Where you based?
I am based in Los Angeles.
My profession is a Disability Lifestyle Influencer, YouTuber, Actress, Model, and Public Speaker.
4. When you are not being an influencer, model, YouTuber, etc., what do you like to do in your free time?
Hang out with friends or relax at home. Just depends on my mood. Lol.
6. What does being an influencer mean to you?
It means that because of the courage I have to share my story and experiences in an effort to dispel myths and stereotypes about people with disabilities is truly an honor.
7. What is your favorite type of video to film for YouTube? Why?
My favorite type of videos are storytimes and ‘how-to’ videos because I know my audience will be fully engaged and can relate to whatever I’m sharing.
8. I love how you have created such a positive platform on social media. How did you find positivity and a voice of encouragement through your journey?
I found positivity through the people around me. I have an amazing group of family and friends who are all into spiritual living and positive affirmations and I just gravitated towards it, then became obsessed with living a positive lifestyle. Positivity and my faith are the things that have proven to always have good results.
9. Your YouTube channel is very open and honest about different aspects of living with a disability, is it challenging to do this with a big audience following you?
I wouldn’t necessarily say challenging because it’s what I wanted. I wanted to garner and grow my audience because I figure the larger the audience the more the message is being pushed widespread. It’s challenging to pick topics that EVERYONE can relate to, but that’s when you have to reflect on your own experiences as the barometer when creating content. I can only speak on my experiences since those are what I know and live with.
10. When, and why did you start modeling?
I started modelling about a year ago simply because I got the opportunity to, then I immediately fell in love with it. I figure so long as the representation and message for inclusion is out there through me modeling, then I have to participate.
11. How did you come up with the name “Sitting Pretty?”
Truthfully, it was a phrase I had been using in general conversation and once it was time to brainstorm some channel names, that popped up. It was a great play on words given the subjects I talk about on my channel.
12. I see you have had a busy year, what has been the highlight of your 2018/19 year?
Way too many to choose one so I’ll say just the fact that I’ve been blessed with an overwhelmingly amount of opportunities to showcase my talents, passions, and represent for the disability community has been incredible.
13. Do you feel like there are enough platforms to help people with disabilities, and a space where people can help each other grow and continue to live life?
I believe that the community should take advantage of highly established platforms and share their stories. I think as the discussion of disability lifestyle and our basic rights become a trending and popular topic, then more platforms will pop up and support our community.
14. What is your motto in life?
Your disability is an honor not a burden.