Influencer With A Cause: Fit Bottomed Girls
1. Name of Company?
Fit Bottomed World LLC (although most know us as Fit Bottomed Girls!).
2. Owner Names?
Jennipher Walters & Kristen Seymour
3. Where are you based?
Jenn is in Kansas City, MO, and Kristen is in Sarasota, FL.
4. How did you two meet?
Kristen and I originally met at blogging event in Chicago. I was running FBG and she was a freelance writer for AOL and some other outlets. We started talking and immediately clicked with our views about health, wellness and fitness we're so aligned. From there, Kristen started writing for FBG ... then editing for FBG ... and before we knew it, she was a business partner!
5. What led you to start Fit Bottom World?
Overcoming my own dieting and body image struggles (you can read more about that here) really led to the mission and purpose of FBG. Women get so many messages that their social currency and self-worth is determined by their size and the number on the scale. We wanted to get a different and more empowering (and TRUE) message out there into the world.
6. What is the focus of the blog?
Our site is about loving yourself healthy and knowing that you have bigger things to do in this world than worry about your weight.
7. Please tell us about all the topics Fit Bottom World covers?
We cover all areas of women's healthy lives, inside and out. So, that means fitness, workouts, food, recipes, mindful living, meditation, and motherhood.
8. Could you tell us what is the goal for Fit Bottom World in the next 5 years?
We're always trying to reach as many women (and men!) as possible with our message. We'd love to see the dieting industry taken down. ;)
9. I love how you empower body positivity for all sizes and shapes, please tell us why you feel that’s so important?
We like to pose it in a super simple yet powerful question: can you image what the women of this world could do if they weren't obsessed with the number on the scale? We'd like to see that world, I mean, how INCREDIBLE would it be if we all felt empowered, accepted and loved as we were? And it all starts with us.
10. And, fitness can look differently to each individual, I love that message, because usually one might think of fitness a small size and no fat. What do you feel the message should be? We always say that fit bottoms come in all shapes and sizes, and it's true. Fitness looks different on everyone and it's more about what you can do and how your insides work than it is your size and appearance.
11. Fit Bottom World believes in strongly in no diets approach, what is your approach then? We're big fans of intuitive eating and all good things in moderation. I could write a book on this (and, ha, did!), but choosing foods and activities that you love and actually enjoying them is the way to break free. There are no good or bad foods. Simply pay attention to what actually makes you feel good and use that as your guide.
12. Please tell us about your approach to moms, is it harder to sustain healthy living?
Moms have so many demands on their time and are surrounded by a lot of unrealistic expectations, so it is harder. But, I also think it's even more necessary. Because of those demands and how much they give, they have to take time to take care of themselves. As a mom of a four-year old and with twins on the way, I get it!
13. I love your message for women to not hate yourself, and be healthy. Do you see this a lot? Sadly we do! There's so much messaging about working out to burn off XYZ food or eating "guilt-free" and, honestly, that's B.S. diet culture stuff. Healthy isn't about looking a certain way or wishing you were something you aren't -- it's about accepting yourself as you are and taking care of yourself right now. What kind of articles are here in Fit Bottom World to help women with this? We have so many! This one really sums a lot of it up.
14. I love your recipe section, what is one of your favorite recipes to make?
Oh, we have so many! But, this stew is a staple in my house.
15. How do you gather all this great insight on your blog? Do you seek info from personal trainers, nutritionists, etc?
A lot of it comes from us and what we're experiencing in our lives, but we also have the chance to talk to some amazing experts in both articles and on our podcast.
16. Have you gotten a good response to your Podcast, what is your most recent one?
Could you tell us a little bit about it? Yes! We've seen it grown and have gotten really good feedback on it.
It's something we LOVE doing because it's so personal and so many of the conversations on it are just authentic, organic and real. We do a lot of interviews on our show, but in our last episode we actually did a roundtable with just the three of us chatting about our experiences and views on size inclusivity in the fitness and health club world. It's a really important topic -- and not one you hear much about.
17. Please tell us about this event: Take the FREE 5-Day FBG Reset?
The FREE 5-Day FBG Reset is our email course that helps you to break free of dieting and shift your mindset to something a little more Fit Bottomed. :) Sign up here.
18. Motto in life?